BOND ELECTION INFORMATION:
After nearly four years of research, surveys, and community meetings, the Fremont County Joint School District 215 board of trustees spent the past six months working with several patron and staff committees and an architectural design team to develop a comprehensive long-term improvement plan to address the immediate facility needs of the district and to help plan for anticipated growth.
On January 9, 2023, the Board unanimously approved a bond resolution that would address many of the immediate facility needs and help the district to better meet the changing educational needs of the students.
The proposed bond election is scheduled for Tuesday, March 14, 2023.
This is a brief overview of the proposed projects for each building.
- Ashton Elementary
- Multipurpose room with full-sized basketball court and bleachers
- Public lobby, cold weather vestibule, storage, restrooms, and mechanical rooms
- Student restrooms adjacent to the current pre-school classrooms
- Other HVAC, plumbing, and electrical needs
- South Fremont High School
- CTE / AG Addition
- Ag, FCS, HOSA, business and tech classrooms and support spaces
- Engines and food Science lab, FCS kitchen, workspaces
- Welding and wood shops
- Full court and sidelines
- Wrestling room-2 mats.
- Restrooms, laundry, storage and utilities
- Renovate wrestling to weights
- 999 seat auditorium
- Make-up, dressing and restrooms
- Drama classroom
- Tickets, office, restrooms and utilities
- Renovate room 502 to scene shop
- Secure vestibule, admin, principal, asst. principal, work area and conference
- SRO and security office.
- Renovate existing principal suite to counseling
- CTE / AG Addition
- North Fremont High School
- Three new teaching stations: Flexible CTE classroom (sized at 1983 SF or two classrooms) and two DL classrooms
- Three storage rooms, one internal to the new addition and two flanking the east and west sides of the existing shops
- A counseling suite to be divided as program needs necessitate
- Interconnecting hallways to the main building and a cold-weather vestibule
- Ancillary Projects
- ADA upgrades
- Miscellaneous HVAC
- Electrical upgrades
The anticipated cost for the projects will be $59,980,000.
For additional details and information, visit the school district's 2023 Bond Election website (https://www.sd215.net/page/202...). The ballot questions, polling information, project details, cost proposals, tax impact information, presentations, brochures, posters, survey results, design team reports, and other documents are available for review.
Community information meetings are scheduled for the following dates, times, and locations:
- Monday, February 13 at 6:00 pm ---North Fremont High School (Auditorium)
- Tuesday, February 14 at 6:00 pm---South Fremont High School (Little Theater)
The architects and design team will be present at these community meetings to provide additional information and answer questions. Numerous other smaller presentations are being scheduled throughout the communities with parent-teacher organizations, public service groups, or any other groups of patrons that would like to learn more. If you would like to schedule a meeting or have questions, please contact the district office.